One of the first things that most aspiring YouTube creators look for is an affordable, quality camera that they can use to get started with filming and creating videos.
We’ve compiled a list of the best vlogging cameras for starters. Camera prices can begin getting steep when you start getting deep into cinematics and lenses, but our list should suffice for those just beginning in the YouTube space. There will always be an opportunity to upgrade your camera over time, as your channel grows.
Vloggers just starting out should look for the following features in their vlog camera:
- Good performance in all lighting conditions
- Image stabilization (auto-focus)
- Good audio quality
Choosing a camera for your vlogging needs can be a difficult decision to make. It’s especially frustrating when you’re strapped for cash and have a strict amount that you are limited to spend. Money aside, you want the best value for your money, which isn’t always as easy as it sounds. But don’t worry, there are vlogging cameras out there that won’t break the bank but can still perform at the same time.
The Sony DSCHX80 is one of the best point & shoot cameras for new vloggers. This camera is compact and perfect for traveling and vloggers on the go. You can easily pull this out of a pocket, bag, or purse. The viewfinder pops up and allows you to easily film your face, for when you need to speak directly to the camera.
- 30x optical zoom ZEISS lens plus 60x Clear Image Digital Zoom
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi and NFC
- 5-axis image stabilization greatly reduces blur
Nikon COOLPIX B500
The Nikon COOLPIX B500 feels great when held in hand. This would be a perfect camera for travel vloggers, especially given its superior zoom capabilities. The camera features a super telephoto NIKKOR glass lens – 40x optical zoom gives you super telephoto power, then Dynamic Fine Zoom, an enhanced digital zoom, effectively doubles that reach for a whopping 80x zoom. This camera allows you to capture shots of virtually any distance. The 1080p full HD quality with stereo sound features vibration reduction, effectively counteracting shaky hands.
- Full HD 1080p videos with stereo sound
- Tilting 3.0-inch 921,000-dot LCD
- 40x optical zoom, 80x Dynamic Fine Zoom
Canon PowerShot SX530
The Canon Powershot SX530 is perfect for all situations. The camera performs extraordinary well in low-light environments due to the 16.0 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor. The camera would fit well in a medium purse, and is generally in between the size of a smaller point-and-shoot camera and a larger DSLR camera.
- 50X optical zoom ensures outstanding optical performance and versatility
- 16.0 Megapixel sensor with a DIGIC 4+ image processor
- 1080p full HD video with a dedicated movie button
Panasonic Lumix FZ80
The Panasonic Lumix FZ80 features 4K video recording capability – an amazing feat for such a well-priced camera. The camera has impressive low-light performance and great zoom capability with the included lens. This camera is perfect for anyone looking for high quality video capability at a well positioned price.
- 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160)
- High resolution 1,170K dot view finder and rear touch enabled 3 inch LCD Display (1040 dots)
- 18.1 megapixel digital camera
- Super-long 20-1200mm (60X) LUMIX DC VARIO lens with a super bright F2.8-5.9 aperture range that is optically stabilized with Panasonic’s POWER O.I.S. technology