David Dobrik is a well-known YouTuber known for his exciting and sometimes outrageous content filmed with his friends (aka “The Vlog Squad”). David Dobrik isn’t known for a flashy camera setup – rather he sticks to a fairly simple and reliable Canon EOS 80D with a versatile Canon EF-S 18-135mm lens. This setup allows him to capture every shot of his wild adventures without difficulty.
Camera: Canon EOS 80D
- Intelligent Viewfinder displays AF points and AF mode, has a grid display, a horizontal electronic level
- 45-point autofocus system
- 24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor and Dual Pixel CMOS AF for Live View
- Built-in wireless connectivity
- Full HD 60p movies that can be saved as MP4s
The Canon EOS 80D is David Dobrik’s go-to camera. With a quick and superior 45-point autofocus system, this camera allows David to capture all his shots with lightning fast focus. The 24.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor allows for a dynamic range of shooting situations – including continuous HD video recording and low-light environments. The autofocus is particularly good at identifying facial features, allowing for easy focusing when filming other people, which is good for David since he’s always filming his friends.
Also used by: Casey Neistat, Jason Nash
SEE MORE: David Dobrik Net Worth
Lens: Canon EF-S 18-135mm
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 18 – 135mm 1:3.5-5.6
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 12 groups
- Filter Size: 67mm
- Weight (lens only): 16.0 oz./455g
- Closest Focusing Distance: 1.5 ft. / 0.45m
The Canon EF-S 18-135mm lens is a versatile lens used by David Dobrik on his Canon EOS 80D. The lens offers a winning combination of size, range and features. With high-quality optics and dedicated image stabilization, this lens is perfect for vloggers looking for a multi-faceted lens that can adapt to any shooting environment.
Previous Camera: Sony DSCHX80/B
- 30x Optical/60x Clear Image Zoom ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens for superb low light images
- Built-in retractable OLED Tru-Finder viewfinder
- Selfie-ready 3″ Extra Fine LCD multi-angle display
David Dobrik used the Sony DSCHX80/B when he was just starting his vlog channel. It’s a relatively affordable point-and-shoot camera with good quality picture and video recording. This camera is very versatile, operating well in low-light environments, and has a great zoom range. This is a great camera for anyone looking to start a vlog. We thought it was such a great budget vlogging camera, we have it on our Best Budget Vlogging Cameras list.